Jeep Grand Wagoneer -- What We Know - Grand Wagoneer Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Jeep Grand Wagoneer -- What We Know

The Jeep Grand Wagoneer is going to be making a comeback. Not much is known about it right now, but here I have put together a list of what we do know about the Grand Wagoneer so far.

Potential Debut: Jeep has a goal to double its sales volume by 2018 from its 2014 figure of 1 million vehicles. Jeep CEO Manley said:

Quote:
When I think about going from one million [units] to 1.9 million, I don’t think it’s easy – that would be wrong – but I think we have some very solid building blocks in place.
That timeline suggests that the Grand Wagonner could debut in mid- to late-2016 as a 2017 model year vehicle. Perhaps it could debut even sooner.

No Concept or Prototype Yet: We have yet to see a Grand Wagoneer concept or prototype so everything to do with design and performance is really in the realm of speculation. I think its safe to say that the Grand Wagoneer will be more influenced by jeep's new design language than the classic Grand Wagoneer. Unfortunately, I think that means that means we won't be seeing a woodie version.

Aimed at luxury full-size SUV segment: Jeep is trying to compete in the luxury full-size SUV segment. That would mean that the Grand Wagoneer would compete against such vehicles as the upcoming BMW X7, and other 3-row SUVs. Jeep is likely encouraged by the success of the only other solely SUV automobile company, Land Rover.

$65,000 price tag?: The Grand Wagoneer could cost upwards of $65k so says Manley.

Quote:
"If you think of the prices that competitors are asking, ranging from $65,000 up to $100,000-plus -- albeit at small volumes -- I have no doubt that, with the right kind of vehicle, we can play with those kinds of spenders."

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 08:01 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Some great points here, what has me more excited to see the new Wagoneer is the change I have seen throughout the rest of the company and then thinking how all that plays into a Jeep priced as high as this is.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

I think that the Grand Wagoneer shows that FCA is really investing in Jeep to make it the main brand of the company. Which makes sense since it is probably the most successful brand they have right now, other than perhaps Ram. jeep can have more global appeal though.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 08:46 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheel View Post
I think that the Grand Wagoneer shows that FCA is really investing in Jeep to make it the main brand of the company. Which makes sense since it is probably the most successful brand they have right now, other than perhaps Ram. jeep can have more global appeal though.
Do you know for a fact that it is indeed their most successful brand?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 07:58 PM

i noticed ram sales have picked up greatly, plus they have more models shared with Fiat which are likely helping as well.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page