Jeep Grand Wagoneer Will Be “Super Premium” - Grand Wagoneer Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jeep Grand Wagoneer Will Be “Super Premium”

Image courtesy of autoevolution

Some eyebrows were raised when Jeep boss Mike Manley threw out a price estimate for the new Grand Wagoneer back in 2016. We questioned if the vehicle will really cost around $130,000 to $140,000 each, substantially more than rivals like the Cadillac Escalade, GMC Yukon Denali, and Lincoln Navigator. Now it seems like a premium price tag could very well be a reality even if it doesn’t range into the six-digits.

Speaking to Top Gear at the Geneva Motor Show, Mike Manley claims the “Grand Wagoneer will be super premium” and “clearly positioned significantly above Grand Cherokee.” Unfortunately, we have no idea which Grand Cherokee trim he’s using as a standard so it could cost significantly more than the $67,395 Summit or $85,900 TRackhawk for all we know.

Maybe the range-topping variant would even push the MSRP up to the $130k-$140k range as it was mentioned that there isn’t a “maximum price ceiling per se for Jeep.” For that price, we’re expecting leather upholstery everywhere and maybe even some real wood trim.

Perhaps the cost is justified by the model’s long gestation period as it has been in development for a few years including this one and the next before it’s due in 2020.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 04:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yeah sorry but I'm not going to pay $100k for a Wagoneer just because it took them a long time to develop aha. Unless its got some crazy performance specs behind it, or some class leading luxury features, its going to be a hard sell for consumers. I think the Trackhawk is already pushing the limits of what most would be willing to spend on a Jeep, regardless of its prestige.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Jeep seems to be set on pushing us away from the Grand Wagoner with words like super premium and no price cap. If it's going to be a yacht on wheels, I may as well go for the BMW Alpina B7 and have someone drive me around. Not sure if Jeep is overestimating just how much their fans are willing to pay.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-29-2018, 04:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Imo is a mistake to take the Wagoneer in a premium luxury direction, because that's the exact opposite of what the original was all about. There are so many rivals to consider when you get into the $100k price bracket, that I really don't know what Jeep is going to do to stand out. Its going to be an even harder sell if they just go with a modified Cherokee shell. Make it boxy and make it a wagon!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page