Jeep Grand Commander To Debut In Beijing - Grand Wagoneer Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jeep Grand Commander To Debut In Beijing

Weíre still waiting on Jeep to reveal their new Grand Wagoneer, but in the meantime, another three-row crossover will be making an appearance. Set to officially debut at the 2018 Beijing auto show in April, images of the production ready Jeep Grand Commander has surfaced ahead of its reveal.

Developed for the Chinese market, the seven-seater SUV should be powered by a 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-4 engine thatís paired with a nine-speed automatic transmission. This same engine can be found in the new Wrangler and itís rated for 270 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque.

Another option may be a regular 2.0-liter four-cylinder unit; which Motor Trend says can 234 hp or 265 hp depending on which trim you choose. There may also be a plug-in hybrid variant in the future as it did appear in the Yuntu concept, though this powertrain has not been confirmed by Jeep yet.

What we are certain of is just how good looking the Grand Commander is with its sharp, clean lines and equally slim LED headlights and taillights. Motor Trend claims the grille is chrome and the suicide doors are unfortunately absent, be we canít make out those details from an image alone.

Once on sale, the Grand Commander should have an equivalent starting price of around $38,000.
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 07:07 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I hope this is what the Wagoneer will look like because its rare for Jeep to create drastically different designs from market to market. What does everyone here think?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 05:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was really hoping that the Grand Wagoneer wouldn't just be another Cherokee with a different badge, but from the spy photos and what we're seeing with the Commander, it's become pretty obviously that they don't plan on implementing any bold styling changes. It's a shame because I know many consider the original Wagoneer to be a classic, and if the new generation is just another Cherokee, it wont follow suit. I'm not suggesting they needed to slap wood panels on it, but it wouldn't hurt to make the Wagoneer look like a WAGON.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page