Grand Wagoneer Rendering From Leaked Patent Filing - Grand Wagoneer Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Grand Wagoneer Rendering From Leaked Patent Filing

Jeep’s patent filing with the European Union Intellectual Property Office was leaked last month and it gave us a peek at what the next generation Grand Wagoneer could look like. Indian Autos Blog took those design patents and handed them off to their automotive illustrator Shoeb Kalania, resulting in this colored rendering of what the production spec Grand Wagoneer’s side profile could looks like.

Looking very similar to the Grand Cherokee, we wouldn’t have thought of it as the next-generation Jeep Grand Cherokee if it wasn’t for that stretched rear end that could accommodate a third row. Some may suspect that these images are of the debuted Yuntu concept at Auto Shanghai, but that seven-passenger SUV is expected to be sold exclusively in China and not Europe, which is where the patent was filed.

AutoGuide reached out to Jeep, the company’s spokesman Trevor Dorchies simply stated that “Jeep currently has no comment at this time in regards to the design patent.”

When the Grand Wagoneer finally starts rolling off the production line at the Warren Truck Assembly Plant in Michigan, we can expect to see a hefty price tag of around $60,000 to $100,000 each, a bit more reasonable than the initially quoted $130,000 to $140,000 price tag from Jeep CEO Mike Manley.

There’s still not concrete release date from Jeep, but the Grand Wagoneer is rumored to arrive by 2018 as a 2019 model year car.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 11:12 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
The front end doesn't look that bad. Headlight design sort of reminds me of Volvos new straight through LED thing but the taillight coming so far down the side looks very odd to me. Still expecting a bit more out of it as it doesn't look like anything $100k worthy
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 04:30 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I really hope part of the rear end design is a full length tail light, similar to what the new Lincoln Navigator has.
Jeep is in a unique position here since they can offer some higher end features at a slight bargain. Pull some best elements from the Escalade and Navigator into this.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
This may be an oddity, but I think I would like to see a full length third brake light in the rear similar to the Bentley type of deal. This is just an example of the same style on another vehicle

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page