2018 Grand Wagoneer Could Cost $140K - Grand Wagoneer Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2018 Grand Wagoneer Could Cost $140K

Set to debut in 2018 and rival the likes of Range Rover and Porsche Cayenne, the new Grand Wagoneer could cost as much as $140,000 each.

Thatís right, Jeep boss Mike Manley recently talked to Auto Express at the Paris Auto Show and told the publication that their range-topping SUV will compete in the premium SUV market which could drastically increase the SUVís prices.

ďI donít think thereís a maximum price ceiling per se for Jeep. If you look at the upper end of the segment in the US, for me, the Grand Wagoneer done well can compete all the way through this segment,Ē said Manley.

Those are concerning words, especially if he isnít taking a maximum price ceiling into consideration. He continues on to give Auto Express a price estimate in USD; ďIíll use US dollars, but pushing the car up to $130,000 to $140,000 may be possible, but we need to establish Grand Wagoneer in its own right first. Thatís why I wouldnít say thereís price ceiling.Ē

Hopefully, we wonít be seeing a $130,000 plus price tag even if the Wagoneer is rumored to share parts with the Maserati Levante and offer both a turbocharged 3.8-liter V8 and a 3.0-liter V6 diesel. Currently Jeepís most expensive model is the Grand Cherokee SRT with a starting price of $65,000. A far cry from $140,000.
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 02:12 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
$140k just seems way too out there. I'm all for Jeep, love em'. But, that's pushing the envelope. Especially when the TrackHawk is about to come out and that'll be somewhere in the $85-$90k range in theory.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-14-2016, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
If it's 140k at most for the highest of the range then they shouldn't have a problem moving it. a GC starts around $65k... starting the wagoneer around $20-25k more than that will be a good starting price. Something which puts it in the price range the Escalade is in.

Ultimately what it will come down to is exactly what they'll be offering, as long as value is there and that it fits in and makes sense in its segment they won't have a problem moving these.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 11:53 AM

A Jeep GC SRT8 starts at $65 with a base model starting at $25 or something. But yea the 17' Escalade starts around $74.

But you're right, it's gonna depend on what it's really bringing to the table to be able to justify the price. I really can't see Jeep pushing out a $140k SUV though, I can't imagine them putting anything that serious into a Jeep in terms of luxuries considering what we've forever been seeing.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 01:47 PM

At the end of the day it will need to have a lot going on because right now there's a number of vehicles people can choose aside from this which isn't helping Jeep.

So far though they've made sound decisions on new vehicles and trims, that gives me some hope. To a lot of people something like a fully loaded Escalade might trump the idea of owning a Wagoneer.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 11:08 AM

Most definitely. I guess it's just a time to sit back and see what they come up with. "May be possible" are they key words I'm holding on to for this so far.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 06:34 PM

Sit back... not exactly, it's not like what the Wagoneer will have will be entirely new since there will be some things we see now which will make its way into the Wagoneer. Since of course that almost always happens no matter what car maker you look at.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 04:58 PM

There will definitely be more than some things being used from what we have now. You'll never find a vehicle that has completely new everything. But there really isn't much to do on the consumer end so... sit back and see is what I was really getting at
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 02:52 PM

No, but with a vehicle that's a first for a certain brand in a segment that sits above anything they've produced before combined with what's expected of the segment it will be going into and what will justify a potential price tag of low $100k+, they will need to do some things very different from what we now see from them.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 04:41 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
great, finally competition for the big boys.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page