Dealers will get Sneak Peak at the Jeep Grand Wagoneer in August - Grand Wagoneer Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Dealers will get Sneak Peak at the Jeep Grand Wagoneer in August

FCA will have its biennial dealer conference in Las Vegas, Nevada in August. Dealers will be treated to a sneak peak at the revived Jeep Grand Wagoneer.

The Jeep Grand Wagoneer will be Jeep's most expensive SUV when it goes on sale. It will have 3 rows of seats and will be aiming for luxury SUV brands like Range Rover.

Quote:
Most recently, FCA CEO Sergio Marchionne spoke about how his “blood boils” whenever he sees a Range Rover model on the streets, believing that Jeep isn’t taking advantage of its brand by offering an upscale, upmarket luxury SUV.
We don't know much about what to expect from the Jeep Wagoneer at the moment. It will likely be built on a brand new platform that will proceed to underpin a number of other FCA vehicles. Though it would be fun to see the wood sides panels from the 90s make a reappearance, I think that the days of the woodie are probably behind us.

Though the Grand Wagoneer is being shown to dealers this year, it is not expected to reach showrooms until 2018 at the earliest.

Maybe if we are really lucky, one of those dealers will commit treason and leak some pictures or information for us.

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2015, 07:47 PM

This is getting even more exciting with the more info that comes out, most interested in seeing how close they come to really getting the attention of RR buyers.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 06:49 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I hope they invite some of their best customers to provide some feedback. I've bought so many Jeeps from my local dealer -- they'd better invite me.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 02:04 AM

I called up my salesman and he said I can't attend...I expected that, but oh well.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 01:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Let's Hold the Applause...

I was anticipating a luxury vehicle based on the WK2 bones, which are shared with the Mercedes ML and GL classes, roughly the footprint of the current Durango.

Now, though, it's going to be a "next generation" offering. Every new platform that's been launched since Sergio took over has been an attempt to fill their vastly underutilized, chronically inefficient, and essentially un-fixable Italian operations, which is why he's now out running around trying to find someone with some cash that they can use to prop that mess up even longer.

A Lancia minivan with a Jeep grille design, leather dash cover, and another small-displacement, high-revving, Italian engine isn't going to work - for me, or anyone else in the Big PX.

The American taxpayers took it in the shorts to restructure Chrysler, and give it a fighting chance to survive. Unfortunately, that opportunity is being frittered away because the more enlightened continental crowd would rather continue to prop up a dead horse and pretend it can win the Derby.

I'm sticking with my '89 Waggie and '14 SRT until I see what's behind all the hype.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by see2xu View Post
I was anticipating a luxury vehicle based on the WK2 bones, which are shared with the Mercedes ML and GL classes, roughly the footprint of the current Durango.

Now, though, it's going to be a "next generation" offering. Every new platform that's been launched since Sergio took over has been an attempt to fill their vastly underutilized, chronically inefficient, and essentially un-fixable Italian operations, which is why he's now out running around trying to find someone with some cash that they can use to prop that mess up even longer.

A Lancia minivan with a Jeep grille design, leather dash cover, and another small-displacement, high-revving, Italian engine isn't going to work - for me, or anyone else in the Big PX.

The American taxpayers took it in the shorts to restructure Chrysler, and give it a fighting chance to survive. Unfortunately, that opportunity is being frittered away because the more enlightened continental crowd would rather continue to prop up a dead horse and pretend it can win the Derby.

I'm sticking with my '89 Waggie and '14 SRT until I see what's behind all the hype.
That's how it should be, folks not entirely waiting on this to happen till things are solid but monitoring developments since who knows what direction this could go
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2015, 07:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I sure hope the FCA Chair doesnt only build these to compete with Range Rover is price. I hope they are smart enough to produce the GW at a cost the common folk can buy. Luxury is nice but the money is to be made at the everyday grocery getter and for the soccer mom carrying four kids. Jeep doesnt make a 6+ passenger vehicle and I thought this GW would be the ticket. But, I am not going to pay a Range Rover / Cadillac / Mercedes price for one!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98GP View Post
I sure hope the FCA Chair doesnt only build these to compete with Range Rover is price. I hope they are smart enough to produce the GW at a cost the common folk can buy. Luxury is nice but the money is to be made at the everyday grocery getter and for the soccer mom carrying four kids. Jeep doesnt make a 6+ passenger vehicle and I thought this GW would be the ticket. But, I am not going to pay a Range Rover / Cadillac / Mercedes price for one!
Fiat Chrysler will hope you consider the upcoming next-generation Chrysler Town & Country for that purpose.

I think Jeep needs to stay premium with this vehicle so that the budget can allow Jeep to build a true luxury competitor. Jeep can command the higher margins of the luxury sector, so they should go for it.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 01:49 PM

With the right execution and positioning of the product they can indeed do just that, even with positioning of every thing else under the FCA umbrella.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98GP View Post
that's one of the ways i've seen it, for them to undercut the leading brands since at the same price level, people are far more likely to go with the RR. The status that comes with one for some folks is too tempting to pass over!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page