The Grand Wagoneer Has Always Been About Luxury... - Grand Wagoneer Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
The Grand Wagoneer Has Always Been About Luxury...

Some folks out there have trouble believing that Jeep can compete in the upper reaches of the auto industry, well they've done it before and I think they can do it again. Wagoneer spawned the segment, lets see if they can reclaim it..

Quote:
Whether you like today’s luxurious 4x4s or not, the Wagoneer pioneered the market segment and nailed it from the beginning. Stretching that notion, you could even call it the first garish family hauler ever. After all, it was big, it was powerful, it had bad mileage, and, for its time, it had more comforts than a Hampton beach house. The Wagoneer was a brash car and, today more than ever, those are the kinds of cars people love.
http://gearpatrol.com/2014/08/18/his...jeep-wagoneer/
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 02:08 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I think that the Grand Wagoneer will definitely be able to take on vehicles like the Navigator, Escalade and Suburban/Tahoe and Yukon. It will be more interesting to see how it does against the German brands and Range Rover. It will be a exciting competition to be sure. It is hard to do a big 7-seater SUV well, but like you said, the Wagoneer pioneered the segment so hopefully they can do it again.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 02:32 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Yup, the wagoneer was really nice for what it was back in the days.
The new one will be very interesting as Jeep does have the opportunity to something that's a very first for the brand, they don't have much of a recent history to live up to ....although it would be nice to see some hint at the original wagoneer.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2014, 04:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If it isn't close to the old one, I would rather spend all that money on a Wagon master redo with low mileage. Just like I have always wanted. When they switched to the grand cherokee, my heart broke.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014, 01:46 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Hmm, I'm not sure if Jeep's first priority is fuel mileage. They have no hybrids or anything right now though I'm sure they will try to keep things reasonable. FCA has the lowest average fuel economy in the US as a fleet average, so its a problem they need to start addressing. The Wagoneer probably won't help them much.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheel View Post
Hmm, I'm not sure if Jeep's first priority is fuel mileage. They have no hybrids or anything right now though I'm sure they will try to keep things reasonable. FCA has the lowest average fuel economy in the US as a fleet average, so its a problem they need to start addressing. The Wagoneer probably won't help them much.
What do you think their first priority is ?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannavintage View Post
If it isn't close to the old one, I would rather spend all that money on a Wagon master redo with low mileage. Just like I have always wanted. When they switched to the grand cherokee, my heart broke.
Wagon Master, the guys down in Texas? Yea those guys produce quality work hands down! If you want the truth, I think that's a better idea
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 08:14 PM

never knew about wagonmaster, now that i have googled it... i have one more awesome thing to add about places i want to check out in texas!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page