On a Scale of 1 to 10... - Grand Wagoneer Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Question On a Scale of 1 to 10...

What would you rate your current image of what the future Grand Wagoneer could be like? Already some people might have good expectations or mediocre ones at best. Wherever you fall on the scale make sure to include why in the comments section below and even include what Jeep could/should do to improving your rating.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
7 out of 10

I'm having hopes but I still a good amount of doubts. Doubts that they're going to change it up and make the Grand Wagoneer as special as they're claiming it will be. They need to really update the lineup with the Grand Wagoneer and maybe implement something like full LED headlights and tail lights, the interior needs to be leaps beyond what they're offering now as well. Soft touch everything with premium leather wrapping it all. Ambient lighting, the whole nine yards.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCHistory View Post
7 out of 10

I'm having hopes but I still a good amount of doubts. Doubts that they're going to change it up and make the Grand Wagoneer as special as they're claiming it will be. They need to really update the lineup with the Grand Wagoneer and maybe implement something like full LED headlights and tail lights, the interior needs to be leaps beyond what they're offering now as well. Soft touch everything with premium leather wrapping it all. Ambient lighting, the whole nine yards.
What exactly would you like to see them do with the interior? This being a model unique to Jeep that we haven't seen in decades, im interested in hearing your take on it.

Also, what do you think the overall powertrain/drivetrain make up will be?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 03:16 PM

Something more along the lines of luxury opposed to sporty. That being said, they're interiors really haven't been anything special, but they are comfortable. Looking at the Trackhawks interior, if you sat in there without the badges that say anything, you really wouldn't think you were sitting in anything special.

For the Grand Wagoneer, I would like to see a fair bit of wood grain trim, some diamond stitching possibly, and premium soft feeling leather.

As for drivetrain, a part of me really thinks they'll just stick a 5.7L in there
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

So funny enough, days into creating this thread we got our first look at a Jeep 7-Seater. One problem, its China-only, for now.

But it doesn't stop here for us, there's still a lot to analyze and talk about since rarely Jeep makes something 100% unique for a certain market.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 04:45 PM

Now... there is definitely a lot to look at from this. Those headlights.. something production around that design would look freaking amazing. Its like they combined that horrendous LED strip headlight that they ran for a while with the current headlamp on the GC and made something that works perfectly.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

The main thing is when you compare it to the past Wagoneer, its very clear what this is a successor of. China being the typical lucrative auto market, they deserve a name unique to themselves. Just don't expect that name to come over to America.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 04:08 PM

That name definitely won't stick and make it's way over to NA. Almost never does and I can't see it happening with this one. Doesn't look anything like the teaser but I'm sure it won't be far off at all.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCHistory View Post
That name definitely won't stick and make it's way over to NA. Almost never does and I can't see it happening with this one. Doesn't look anything like the teaser but I'm sure it won't be far off at all.
No doubt about that.

Not carrying on the Wagoneer name will do more damage than good especially on a product that looks very much along the lines of a Wagoneer successor.

It never happens anyways, no worries here.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page